10 POINT PLAN FOR TOURISM
GUERNSEY HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATION
10 POINT PLAN FOR TOURISM 2022-2027
(In Priority Order)
- RECRUITMENT – Find robust solutions to the recruitment crisis. Concentrating on various fronts including Non-EU countries not necessarily used before. Completion of a review into the population management regime (and immigration policies) to help aid recruitment and retention.
- AIR LINKS – Confirm the business case for the extension of the airport runway to 1,700+m. States Deputies to vote on a decision to go ahead or not. Retain open skies.
- TOURISM STRATEGY & MARKETING – Implement positive change with regards to the model and organisation of Visit Guernsey, creating an ALB (Arms Length Body) that has the capability and depth to rejuvenate the sector, working to performance targets; and that shares management responsibility with industry stakeholders.
- INCREASE VISITOR NUMBERS – Work towards increasing numbers year on year to a target of 400,000 by 2027 (subject to strategy implementation)
- AIR ROUTES – Continue to invest in the development of existing and new sustainable air routes to the Island.
- CRUISE MARKET – Further invest in and develop the cruise passenger experience/sector.
- PLANNING – Investigate the opportunity to reduce red tape with regards to tourism planning and investment. Diversify the accommodation proposition to produce a range of modern and unique styles. Plus encourage private investment to increase the islands accommodation bed stock as demand rises.
- MARKETING – Develop campaigns and activities to drive awareness and reduce seasonality. Move marketing towards a more ‘call to action’ emphasis to meet specific targets.
- ATTRACTIONS – Government to invest in on island attractions (such as a Victor Hugo Centre) or to provide the pathway for private investment through incentives.
- SEAFRONT – Support the delivery of the Seafront Enhancement Area (SEA) programme/plans for the benefit of tourism.
JOIN THE GUERNSEY HOSPITALITY ASSOCIATION NOW!
Join now and you will gain access to the members’ area, which features news, events and a jobs section.